Thursday, October 14, 2010

London - part 1

So, let's make a small recap of what happens in the last days in London :)

Oct 9: leaving for London
Departure Time 22:30 (Rome time)  :)
Prepared to get to London really late at night, after 2 boring hours of flight, and to spend good money on a cab to get to Agnese's house, on the airplane I met this amazing girl with an incredible life history that gives me some awesome tips on how to go around London spending less money. As she suggested me, when I got to Victoria Station I looked for a cab office and I manage to negotiate a cab for 25£. At about 2:30 (Greenwich time) I finally get to Agnese's house. Then we spent an hour talking and after that we went to sleep!

Oct 10: Shopping!!
Obviously, two days before leaving for London I caught a cold and it just got worst after the long and stressful travel! But I decided that this wouldn't effect my travel to these great city. Indeed he waked me up preatty early that day and we managed to get to Oxford street around 10:30.
Thus, as we got there we found out that on Sunday shops open after 11 or 12 even in the most famous shopping streets of London (Regent and Oxford). BTW, as you can see from the photo of the most famous Piccadilly Square spot the weather was wonderful that day so we really enjoyed walking up and down the shopping streets. So, the first day in the city was fully dedicated to shopping and I bought: an electric blue sweeter, a fancy "patterned" t-shirt, a waaaarm jumper, grey tights & over-knee socks, a pair of blue shorts, a pair of light pink heels, a small light pink bag, a big brown bag, and an HEART SHAPED BAG!! The downside of all that is I didn't shoot many pics because my hands were already busy with shopping bags... but this one was hilarious :D
We found this guy fully dressed up to advertise some cartoons (Ben 10) toys and we couldn't resist to take a photo while fighting against him :D After spending the whole day walking we came back home exhausted, had dinner with Tesco stuff (I miss Tesco and its being open late at night), talked and I felt asleep while Agnese was still chatting on fb. :P
Negative notes: I lost in Primark my brown cardigan :(







Stay tuned for the rest of the story :D

No comments:

Post a Comment