Friday, January 28, 2011

L'histoire de Federica au Scala

Going to La Scala was outstanding. I didn't bring my camera with me (which I regreet since none was there to control) 'cause there's a rule against it.  Also, I figured out only in the end that it was the 'prima' of "L'histoire de Manon". :D

I went out of my house with a comfortable pair of ballerinas on my feet which I changed with a wonderful pair of 12cm heels on the tram :D. Then I met Nicola at Piazza Duomo and we went to la Scala together. As soon as we get in the atmosphere get magical and when we reached our seats (which were the best ever and with a small private room for our coats) it felt even better. While waiting for the show to start we had time to notice how wonderful (even though not particularly big) the theater was.When the light went off and the overture started it reminded me of all the ballet dvd I saw and I felt as I was in one of them.

I particularly loved the choreography (especially in the first act, while the last one was kind of boring). As Sylvie Guillem made her entrance a huge applause started. There are no word to describe her.. everything she did was just perfect. She is the personification of dance. The male dancers, instead, were way below her technique. Massimo Murru was not as good as I thought. I saw both him and Thiago Soares jumping while performing their piruettes (which were about a thousand :D). Additionally, during a dangerous lift, Sylvie almost fell on her face. On the other hand, there was a dancer (Maurizio Licitra) with a minor role that was unexpectedly good!

Anyway, the whole experience was just wonderful and also funny since during the pauses between the acts we saw some kind of weird things such as an old woman spying the audience with her opera glasses and people talking to each other through the balconies as neighbours would do from their windows. Obviously, being there with Nicola made the whole night much better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment